Hang Seng Management College
Careers Mentorship Programme 2014/15
Careers Mentorship Programme of Hang Seng Management College (HSMC) is organised by the Student Affairs Office (Career Planning and Development). The Programme provides an invaluable opportunity for HSMC students to progress towards their career goals, enlarge their network and, ultimately, enhance their employability. Besides, Mentors have a chance to reflect upon their own career journey and contribute immensely to a less-experienced individual’s personal development.
The Programme has been well received by students and supported by many business professionals in fields ranging from accounting, banking and finance, consultancy, government and legal, human resources to marketing and PR.
The Careers Mentorship Programme provides students with opportunities to gain:
Role of Mentors
Mentors can serve as a role model, an advisor or a companion to support mentees’ career and inter-personal development. It is essential to have mutual respect in order to establish a good and long-lasting mentoring relationship. It is helpful to set aside the goals with one another clearly from the beginning.
- Meet face-to face with mentee once a semester at least
- Attend mentoring events organised by Student Affairs Office (Career Planning and Development)
- Share feedback to mentees'on their job hunting and interview skills
- Give career guidance based on personal experiences
- Provide job shadowing or firm visit opportunity if feasible
Support from Careers Office
Aside from individual gatherings hosted by mentors/ mentees, the Student Affairs Office (Career Planning and Development) will endeavour to organise activities to facilitate mentors and mentees to gather and communicate
- Kick-off Ceremony scheduled in November
- Christmas / Chinese New Year / End of Semester Gathering
- Closing Ceremony
Check out what the Participants say (Click Here)
Event snapshots on 2013/14
(14 Jun 2014) Mentoring Activity - Let's play badminton (Click Here)
- Professionals or executives with around 5-year working experience or above
- Availability to meet and provide support to mentees
We look forward to your support. If you would like to contribute by joining the Careers Mentorship Programme as a mentor, please contact Ms Mavis Lam, Senior Careers Officer (Tel: 3963-5152; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)